(MENAFN - Kuwait News Agency (KUNA)) Five people were confirmed dead by the coronavirus over the past 24 hours, while three new people were infected with the virus in the Saudi cities of Riyadh and Jeddah, the Health Ministry said on Tuesday.
The ministry said in a statement on its website that the new four cases were recorded in the past 24 hours in Riyadh, among them one fatality, in addition to four fatalities of previously admitted patients in Jeddah.
The statement noted that the new three cases are in a stable condition, while six others who were previously recognized patients have completely recovered.
According to the statement, the number of recorded coronavirus cases reached 495 since 2012, among them 152 dead.
Meanwhile, Minister of Health Adel Faqih said new measures will be taken to confront coronavirus, including the establishment of a control center to monitor developments and recommend precautionary guidelines to curb spread of the virus.
The center will also work to confront emergency health challenges in the kingdom, and to coordinate efforts among authorities concerned, the minister noted.