(MENAFN - Arab News) A patient can only be known to be infected with the middle east respiratory syndrome (mers) coronavirus disease after diagnosis at health facilities. as there is no specific treatment for this disease so far dealing with it ought to be in the same manner as any other infectious respiratory diseases such as flu. the patient therefore must abide by the following guidelines:
1. take antipyretic and painkillers medications.
2. drink a lot of fluids and take enough rest and keep on eating healthy food.
3. follow the guidelines meant to reduce transmission of the virus mainly:
• use handkerchiefs when sneezing and coughing and get rid of phlegm in a safe manner (in the trash).
• wash your hands regularly and don’t share others in their personal tools such as towels cups spoons etc.
• reduce going outdoors unless necessary.
4. you have to visit the health facility immediately when necessary or if the symptoms of the disease increase.
5. elderly patients and people suffering from chronic diseases or diseases affecting the immune system should remain at a health facility when feeling symptoms of the disease.
(source: saudi ministry of health)