(MENAFN -Khaleej Times) the season in the uae is changing and changing seasons usually mean a seasonal flu slight fever and the ?under the weather? feeling
1. wash your hands: thorough and frequent hand-washing is the best way to prevent many infections. scrub your hands for at least 30 seconds. you can also use alcohol-based hand sanitizers if soap and water aren't readily available.
2. cover when you cough and sneeze: cover your mouth and nose when you sneeze or cough. to avoid contaminating your hands cough or sneeze into a tissue.
3. avoid crowds: flu spreads easily wherever people congregate. by avoiding crowds during peak flu season you reduce your chances of infection. 4. get a protein fix: research shows that diets that are too low in protein can deplete the immune system. so make sure to get protein-rich foods throughout the day especially fish eggs and yogurt.
5. empty trash cans often and use trash bags to limit your contact. empty them daily if you or someone in your room has been sick and has thrown away tissues.
6. avoid drinking alcohol in excess: a hangover and dehydration may weaken your immune system and make you more susceptible to infections.
7. wear clean clothes: wash your clothes after single use instead of recycling them.
8. get plenty of rest and eat right: taking care of your body will keep you from getting run down and compromising your immune system.
9. mop the floors: it is advisable to mop the floor more frequently to keep infection at bay. you can also spray a light mist of the aerosol disinfectant spray over throw rugs.
10. avoid touching your face: your hands spread germs to your face and mucus membranes allowing the virus to spread.
Content courtesy:medarabiais a healthcare and medical network in the middle east.
Disclaimer: all content on this page has been provided by medarabia and khaleej times is not responsible for the accuracy completeness suitability or validity of any information provided here.